Photography: Shape, Line, Texture, Pattern and Deasign

Design:

Shape is everywhere. It is often the first thing you see when you look at a scene, whether you are consciously aware of it or not. In art (and photography), shape is one of the six classic design elements, which also includes line, form, texture, color and space.


Lines can significantly increase the impact of images. Lines serve to affect photographic composition in two ways. First, they serve to create a mood. Second, they lead the eye through the photograph.

Texture depends on magnification. So, zooming into a surface that appears insignificant at first can reveal unsuspected textures.

Pattern  is a powerful way to bring attention to repeated shapes. If the frame is inundated with the same repeated shape one may be able to create a powerful statement.



CLASS ART WORK


Alyssa Kay Greaney

















Tate Martell






Bob Hammam 

I am a part of Nature in its most fascinating forms 





Sydney Menack

The story I am telling in my gestures is that nothing has just one side. The 3 pics of the sculpture show that it has a completely different shape depending on the angle you look at it from. Through my gestures, I showed the stark lines that make up the sculpture . 

In the next set of pictures of a tree, I used my arms to show how long and beautiful the tree is. It is important to look at things from more than one view in life because when one focuses on just one angle, one misses out on so much beauty the world has to offer. 










Jess Lorenzo

I illustrated the different aspects of my figure. I tried to show the different shapes of my figure. The tree, for example, I showed how tall it was, its branches and the shape of the trunk. For the chair, I showed where the arms would go for a child and arms for an adult and I also showed the structure of the back of the chair.

I chose these objects because they have many forms and heights and are easily accessible to both adults and children.




Kyle Cunningham

Man-Made Photo:

The sculpture created by man was created using steel. It is strong, with no flexibility and bold straight lines. Different angles help to show the true sophistication of this sculpture. From the side angle, it only represents a large mass but from the top and rear angles, it shows the thin straight lines. It almost reminds me of a photoshoot of a person. Different angles show different sides of a person. The straight lines, large masses and steel help to create a strong but unwelcoming feel to me. In the pictures you can see how the weather has eroded the metal. It is amazing to see how nature can withstand the elements but grow back season-after-season but man-made objects need to be replaced after a certain time. 

Nature Photo:

Nature creates movement through the photos without even realizing it. The vines flowing down the tree create a sense of free flowing movement as well as an embracing and warm feel. I feel as if the vines are holding onto the tree and supporting it.


Cameron Freeman

I choose my gestures based on what I saw in each image I took. For the large leaf I used bending motions to show the shape and motion of the leaf and how it is bending in different directions based on how you look at it. I think it shows has it can sway given the conditions in which it is placed for example wind. It also shows how things look different given which view point you look at and that’s why it is important to look at something from everyone’s point of view. In some ways the leaves look like they are bending forward facing down and to the right in others it looks like it is facing up and to the left. This could be interrupted as right and wrong and how the differing viewpoints change how you might view right and wrong.  

The gestures I chose for the second image is for a recycling bin. I used arm positions to show how the recycling bin is strong and tall. Emphasizing how it is important for us to recycle to save our world. The last gesture I used is a circle which embodies the recycling symbol and how we must all come together and recycle.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conceptual Art: Ana Mendieta's Merging with Nature

Artificial Intelligence: Using Storytelling to Counteract Touchscreen Devices